Thursday, June 16, 2022

English 3, Post 6, Choice of two topics

 

PubMed is the page that I will talk about, it is a database where you can find different articles with studies on any topic related to health. In it you can find current and also very old articles related to research. PubMed Central is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

I visit the page when I have to carry out some research task, where I visit it frequently (such as Google scholar), and once I used it to write a thesis.

One of the main problems with this page is that for some articles you have to pay or pay a subscription (which is expensive if you need to download more than one article). That is why I enclose a second SCI-HUB web page created by the Russian scientist Alexandra Elbakyan, in it you can download it for free, placing the Digital Object Identifier (DOI), although I think it is not entirely legal... but for students and researchers without resources, it is very necessary, that's why I totally recommend them.

                Alexandra Elbakyan                         https://sci-hub.hkvisa.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 5: Changes to my Study Programme

I have studied for two years at the university (without counting the five years that I was at another university) I can tell that I think th...