Thursday, May 26, 2022

English 3, Post 4, 'Tell us about a photo (or image) that is meaningful to you'

 


I chose this photo because appears by the “Linkin Park” vocalist, Chester Bennington. This is my favourite rock/ nu-metal band and brings me back fond memories of the high school, as the first song that I heard was “In the end” in the year 2010 and this showed me, my boyfriend. I loved Chester’s voice and the mix with the Mike Shinoda raps, he is the second vocalist. I remember those summer afternoons in that I walked home for sunset.

This picture is important to me as it was the last photo he appears in, and it was taken days before he decided to commit suicide in 2017. His wife took this photo and posted it on Twitter along with a note: “This was days before my husband took his own life. Suicidal thoughts were there, but you did it. You never know”.

The day of his death was July 20, this day was the birthday of his friend Chris Cornell, who had also committed suicide two months earlier (May). The photo was highly commented and it can be seen that "depression has no face or form".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 5: Changes to my Study Programme

I have studied for two years at the university (without counting the five years that I was at another university) I can tell that I think th...